About 25 miles north of Atlanta, you’ll find Alpharetta. Though it’s considered a suburb of Atlanta, the city’s population is still a little over 60,000. Several of the top public schools in Georgia are located in the North Fulton/Alpharetta area including Lake Windward Elementary and Milton High School.
One of the most popular attractions in Alpharetta is Avalon, a mixed-use development has become the center for shopping, dining and events for those in this city and surrounding areas. On a typical weekend, you can find morning yoga on the lawn, outdoor movies at night and patio seating from the bars and restaurants.
The downtown Alpharetta city center has also been revitalized recently and features a fantastic selection of restaurants, coffee shops and hotels.
Like many of the northern Atlanta’s suburbs, Alpharetta is very affluent with a median income of $92,839 and an average home value of $648,000. Combine that with a low crime rate and top schools, and Alpharetta is a great place to raise a family.
Alpharetta has long been considered one of the best suburbs in Atlanta and one of the best places to live in Georgia. Below are the top neighborhoods and communities in Alpharetta.
Neighborhoods Under $1M
Neighborhoods Over $1M
Central Park at Deerfield
Country Club of the South
Summit View Farms
Sandy Creek Farms
Public Schools in Alpharetta:
- Alpharetta Elementary School – 192 Mayfield Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004. (770)740-7015. Grades PreK through 5th.
- Barnwell Elementary School – 9424 Barnwell Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (770)552-4960. PreK through 5th grades.
- Cogburn Woods Elementary School – 13080 Cogburn Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004. (770)667-2845. Serving 887 students in grades Pre-K through 5th.
- Crabapple Crossing Elementary School – 12775 Birmingham Hwy, Alpharetta, GA 30004. (770)740-7055. 843 students in grades Pre-K through 5th.
- Dolvin Elementary School – 10495 Jones Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (770)740-7020. 919 students from PK through 5th grades.
- Lake Windward Elementary - 11770 E Fox Ct, Alpharetta, GA 30005. Serving 710 students in grades Pre-K through 5th grades.
- Medlock Bridge Elementary School – 10215 Medlock Bridge Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (770)623-2980. Serving 644 students in grades PreK – 5th.
- Milton High School – 13025 Birmingham Highway, Alpharetta, GA 30004. (770) 740-7000. Serves 2263 students in grades 9 – 12.
- New Prospect Elementary School – 3055 Kimball Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (770) 667-2800. 585 students in grades PK through 5th.
- State Bridge Crossing Elementary School – 5530 State Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (404)497-3850. 686 Students pre-K through 5th grade.
- Summit Hill Elementary School – 13855 Providence Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004. (770)667-2830. Serving 1000 students from pre-kindergarten through 5th grade.
Private Schools in Alpharetta
- Fulton Science Academy Private School (FSAPS) – Serving Pre-K through High School, Fulton Science Academy offer an innovative, STEM curriculum and serves advanced and gifted students. 3035 Fanfare Way, Alpharetta GA,30009. (678) 366-2555
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School – 3380 Old Alabama Road, Johns Creek, GA 30022. (770) 410-4056. Serves students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- King’s Ridge Christian School – Serving Pre-K – 12th grade, King’s Ridge Christian School offers academic excellence, as well as a Christ-centered college-prep education. 2765 Bethany Bend, Alpharetta, GA 30004 – (770) 754-5738.
- Mt. Pisgah Christian School – 9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. (678) 336-3300. A coed, christian affiliated, private school serving approximately 700 students in grades Pre-K through 12th.
Home Buying in Alpharetta
SimpleShowing, the author of this article, is a tech-enabled real estate brokerage based in Alpharetta. SimpleShowing operates in Florida, Georgia and Texas and has sold more than 1,000 homes since 2018. Begin shopping for homes in Alpharetta on our site or contact us to schedule tours of the top neighborhoods.